Budget 2014 - How it effects you
BUDGET 2014 HIGHLIGHTS
The personal allowance is the amount of income you can receive each year without having to pay tax on it. This amount is to increase to £10,000 for 2014/15 and to £10,500 for 2015/16. The basic rate taxpayer will see a saving of about £112 in 2014-15 and a further £100 in 2015-16 on their annual income tax bill.
HIGHER RATE TAX PAYERS
The threshold for which individuals pay tax at the higher rate of 40% will increase by 1% for both tax years.
ANNUAL INVESTMENT ALLOWANCE
For businesses, the annual investment allowance will increase from £250,000 to £500,000 until 31 December 2015.
HIGHER ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION LIMIT FOR INDIVIDUAL SAVINGS ACCOUNTS FROM 1 JULY 2014
The chancellor has announced big changes to the Individual Savings Accounts (ISA). The new policy means that, from July onwards, it will be possible to save up to £15,000 in total. Furthermore, the whole sum could be in cash unlike before where only half of the limit could be saved in cash and the rest in shares. Also, the 10p tax rate for savers will be abolished.
CLASS 2 NIC
From April 2016, Class 2 National Insurance Contributions (NIC) will be collected through self-assessment.
Parents paying 80% of childcare costs of up to £10,000 per child, aged up to 12, to a registered provider will get the remaining 20% tax-free from September 2015.
NEW TRANSFERABLE TAX ALLOWANCE
From April 2015, there will be an introduction to a new transferable tax allowance for married couples and civil partners.
All tax restrictions on pensioners' access to their pension pots to be removed, ending the requirement to buy an annuity. The taxable part of pension pot taken as cash on retirement to be charged at normal income tax rate, down from 55%. There is an increase in total pension savings people can take as a lump sum to £30,000
By Wilson Law at Tax Affinity Accountants
Tax Affinity Accountants are experts in Tax and Accountancy. Based in Kingston upon Thames they are considered to be small business experts helping and supporting business in the UK. They regularly help new business start up and provide valuable support for new businesses.
For more information visit www.taxaffinity.com. To read more interesting articles like this visit www.taxaffinity.com/blog. Please feel free to comment and share this with your friends.
Comments are closed.
Our experienced accountants and tax advisers provide valuable insights into practical every day questions and issues.
Add blog to our blog directory.
Ask your own question: If you would like to have a tax related question answered here, please send your question to email@example.com.