The UK now has a new PM Rishi Sunak after the shock resignation of the previous PM Liz Truss due the GBP (Sterling) stock market crashing after the announcment of her mini budget just weeks ago. So the new Chancellor Jeremy Hunt announced a raft of reversals listed below that seem to have temporarily reassured the markets and IMF etc. But what are they in a quick short read - well see below:
1. Cut to Corporation tax down to 19% from 25% - cancelled
2. Removal of 45% higher rate tax - cancelled
3. Personal Income tax cut from 20% to 19% - cancelled
4. Alcohol duty freeze - cancelled
5. VAT free shopping for overseas visitors - cancelled
6. National Insurance reverse of 1.25% - retained
7. No stamp duty on first £250,000 - retained
8 First time buyers no stamp duty on first £425,000 - retained
9. IR35 rules reversal - cancelled
10. Removal of bankers bonus cap - retained
11. Freeze on energy bills for 2 years - amended to 6 months only now
By Anni Khan at Tax Affinity Accountants
Tax Affinity Accountants are experts Business, Tax and Accountancy. With branches in Worcester Park and Kingston upon Thames and Epsom and Ewell they are considered in the Industry to be expert business accountants and tax advisors for both individuals and small & medium sized businesses (SME's). Helping and supporting both individuals and limited company owners / self employed people throughout the UK and the world, they regularly help clients grow their business providing tailored advice and support. Their support has been considered invaluable by many clients and key to their success.
For more information visit www.taxaffinity.com. To read more interesting articles like this visit www.taxaffinity.com/blog. Please feel free to comment and share this with your friends.
Our experienced accountants and tax advisers provide valuable insights into practical every day questions and issues.
Add blog to our blog directory.
Ask your own question: If you would like to have a tax related question answered here, please send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.